MEC Cancellation/Refund Policy
1. If a speaker/delegate/student is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute or refer someone else to attend the conference in their place.
2. If a speaker/delegate/student is unable to attend the conference and he/she informed the committee about their status of participation before the proposed final date for payment that as displayed on the website, the fee paid can be transferred to another conference* within 12 months following the originally registered date.
3. If a speaker/delegate/student is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
a. *Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event are eligible for an 85% refund of the registration fees paid.
b. *Registrations cancelled less than 60 days, but more than 30 days before the event are eligible for a 50% refund of the registration fees paid.
c. *Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event are no longer eligible for a refund.
Registrations cancelled as a result of a paper not being accepted are eligible for an 90% refund of the registration fees paid. The remaining 10% of the fee contributes to administration costs incurred.
4. No refunds are available for cancellations made within 10 working days of the event.
Refunds will be made in the following ways:
1. For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be refunded.
2. For all other payments, a bank transfer will be made to the payee nominated account.
*conditions apply-based on the company norms and policies